Monday, November 10, 2008

Obama Has Refreshed the American Dream

I am so happy Obama won instead of McCain. I am more hopeful about my future in America and I feel he will start to dig us out of this hole Bush has been digging for the last eight years. The day Obama won there was a united sense of hope in America. Everyone came into school cheering and proud. Even though most people see Obama as Black, i see him more as multiracial and can relate to him on that level. Most people were saying his slogan "yes we can" and now that he is The President- Elect everyone says "yes we did". I thought the amount of people who voted was amazing. The only time I was slightly worried was when McCain won eight electoral votes at first and Obama won three. But I kept in mind that these were only the amount of votes from states whose poles closed at eight o' clock. Some people are saying that Oprah picked the candidate so that’s why he won. I’m sure she had some influence but I think he was just the best choice for America and people could see that despite the color of his skin.
People also say that race played a big role in this race. But doesn’t it always? If you are a white republican aren’t you going to vote for a white republican? Hasn’t that been happening for years? But that’s another point. I believe Obama can truly bring change to America. I think that since we have “black” president, Americans will be more open to maybe a woman as a president or other races for president. I also think Obama will do great things for foreign policies because the leaders of other countries already like him so I feel we will have less issues. Although terrorista like to “test out” new leaders I feel if Obama is tested, he can handle it.

No comments: